- Set a good example for children by eating fruits, vegetables, and whole grains with meals or as snacks.
- Let children decide on the dinner vegetables or what goes into salads.
- Offer children a choice of fruits for lunch.
- Use cut-up vegetables as part of afternoon snacks.
- Let children select and help prepare a whole grain side dish.
- While shopping, allow children to pick a new fruit or vegetable to try later at home.
- Decorate plates or serving dishes with fruit slices.
Be Physically Active
- Give gifts that encourage physical activity - active games or sporting equipment.
- Be active and get your family to join you. Have fun together. Play with the kids or pets. Go for a walk, tumble in the leaves, or play catch.
- Instead of sitting through TV commercials, get up and move. Remember to limit TV watching and computer time.
Kids in the Kitchen
- Depending on their age, children can help shop for, clean, peel, or cut up fruits and vegetables.
Reintroducing the "MooTube Minute"
2 weeks ago