America Saves Twitter Chats on Saving Money
Sponsored by eXtension: http://www.extension.org/personal_finance
¨ Make sure you are following @moneytalk1 on Twitter
¨ Log in to Twitter at 7pm EST on the dates listed below
¨ Tweet your ideas and questions on the themes listed below for each date to @moneytalk1
¨ Use the hashtag #eXASchat in your tweets during the chat
¨ Create valuable content; chatters with the three most valuable tweets each week will win gift cards
Monday, February 3 Saving Money: Guidelines, Obstacles, and Motivators
• T1: What factors help people save money?
• T2: What obstacles prevent people from saving money?
• T3: How much money should people save annually?
• T4: What are some good ways to motivate yourself or others to save money?
• T5: Where is the best place to put savings dollars?
Monday, February 10 Saving Money: Strategies, Cash Flow, and Role Models
• T6: Where are some good books, Web sites, or other resources about saving money?
• T7: What is the one single best thing people can do to save money?
• T8: Who are some good savings role models for adults and/or children?
• T9: What are some ways to decrease expenses to “find” money to save?
• T10: What are some ways to increase income to “find” money to save?
Monday, February 17 Saving Money: Reasons, Resources, and Success Stories
• T11: What government or community programs can help people save?
• T12: What are some good reasons to save money?
• T13: What are some specific strategies to save money for retirement?
• T14: Do attitudes and personality traits affect savings behavior?
• T15: Do you have any good savings success stories (yourself or others)?
Monday, February 24 Saving Money: Goals, Automation, and Becoming an Investor
• T16: When, how, and why should savers also become investors?
• T17: What did your parents teach you about saving when you were growing up?
• T18: What is the most expensive thing that you saved money for instead of buying on credit?
• T19: What financial goal(s) are you saving money for now?
• T20: What are some good tips to make saving automatic?